CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

“Where the Nuts Come From!”

When I was about 9 years old, my parents took my brother, sister and I to Cedar City to see the Shakespeare Festival. As a 9 year old, I wasn't sure what I would think and wasn't terribly excited about the trip. Turns out, I loved it and had a GREAT time! My first year at the festival, we saw "The Merry Wives of Windsor" and "Charley's Aunt". I didn't quite catch the Shakespearean English in "Merry Wives", but I definitely caught the jist of "Charley's Aunt". (For a show synopsis, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley%27s_Aunt). This is where my family found and enjoyed the comical stylings of one Brian Vaughn.



He is, by far, my favorite actor at the Festival and every year I go, I am delighted to see any show in which he has been cast. This year, we saw him in 2 shows – Cyrano de Bergerac and Two Gentlement of Verona. He is FANTASTIC! I love watching him on the stage – it is so fun and so involving.

So, if any of you ever have the chance to go the the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City, UT, take it. If you get the chance to see Brian Vaughn in a show at the Festival, don't miss it for the world!!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Amen to that.