CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Spirit Personified

Well, ladies and gentlemen, that time is here. Yes, the Olympics. Now, I'm not a sports person at all, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Olympics! There really is nothing better in my book. Sean and I have been watching all weekend, we had it on all day yesterday, all day Saturday (while cleaning, of course), and waaaay late in to the night on Friday. I love that these people are the best of the best and have an opportunity to compete on such a huge scale. Awesome!

Anyway, last night, I was about to go to bed and Sean was surprised and asked me, "You're not going to stay for Michael Phelps and the 4 x 100 relay?" I thought about it and promptly sat on the couch – anxiously awaiting another gold medal for the US of A. Apparently, before the competition, a French relay team member told the press that they were going to "smash" the Americans. Well, if that's not enough to get your riled up, I'm not sure what is. Michael Phelps was out first for the team and he, as usual, did an amazing job. The next 2 team members did a respectable job, but the best was far and away Jason Lezak. The man was probably a full body length away from the seemingly 1st place Frenchie at the last turn and he caught up to him and beat him by like .08 of a second – really like a finger's touch. INCREDIBLE!! They say that Mr. Lezak did the 100m in like 48 seconds – which is HUGE! The world record was smashed by 4 whole seconds and what's more, the pace of the race was so fast that even 5th place got in under the previous world record. AMAZING!! Anyway, the point of this story is to show you these pictures. This to me is what Olympic spirit is all about! Cheering for your teammates and winning and rejoicing in that. FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!!





I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!!!

5 comments:

Katy said...

Hey Anna! I found your blog thorugh TOri's thought I would drop you a line. I love the olympics too! Cute blog!

Nikki said...

I know! I get so choked up watching athletes win or even compete. I still tear up when I hear the opening song from the 2002 winter games. Unfortunately Marshall sprayed water in our TV and it won't even turn on so I haven't been watching. I'll have to catch it later on-line.

Jenny and Josh said...

Amen Sista! I have totally been bitten by the Olympic bug!!

One Happy Family said...

Hey Anna. I found your blog also through Angie's. I will have to send you an invite to mine, email me with your current e-mail.
I stayed up way to late and watched the olympics now I am really dragging behind.

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Oh, Anna, what a cute blog! Thanks for commenting on ours so I could find it. I'll put you on my favorites list right now. You guys are darling.