CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Childhood Memories…

…reduced to rubble. Let me explain.

When I was little, my dad made it a point to spend time with us. So much so, he would take one child to breakfast on their Saturday. Since I have one brother and one sister, I was on the third Saturday (unless one of them slept in...*insert evil laugh here*). My absolute favorite place to go was Grecian Gardens. You may know the place, but never knew you knew it. It was kind of a dive on the outside, and all sorts of Grecian kitschy-ness on the inside. It was on the corner of 48th South and State Street – white building with blue trim. Awesome!! Anyway, we would go and I would always get the French toast and my dad would always get the "Zorba Breakfast" that included these really fantastic pork chop cubes. We would go and sit in one of the many booths and be one of 5 people in the whole restaurant, one waitress serving everyone. Best French Toast EVER!

Well, I was driving past this memory treasure and the building WAS GONE!



Completely removed, gone, demolished. All that remained was the sign… *sigh*. I was so sad, but, I still have the happy memories. Thanks, Daddy-o!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

What a cute tradition! We love OTC - Over the Counter - so yummy! It's on 3300 South and 2300 East. Have you been there? We should go sometime! Last night was so fun, we really need to hang out more!

Holly said...

How fun. I'm glad you atleast got a picture of the sign. I actually remembered your blog address! YAY!

Unknown said...

Foon-

I am so glad that you have a blog! Did you post that you had one earlier? If so I musht of missed it. I was so glad to see you at camp! Tell sean sorry about my awkward Richards comment. I hope that we can get together soon.

yellowmoth said...

OH! How sad! That place had the bomb French Toast. I agree. What about the other place Dad took us? I can't remember the name, like Stuffed Full or something? There were three of them and they kept making the name longer for each (like Stuffed Full Again and Again)...